Treasury also provides advice on other environmental issues such as:
- rural water reform and policies, particularly in the context of the Murray-Darling Basin Plan and National Water Initiative
- issues of biodiversity and environmental protection (including marine parks, the EPBC Act and Australia's role in Antarctica).
Programs & Initiatives — Environment
Completed Programs & Initiatives
Treasury provides advice on issues within the industry sector including:
- agricultural issues including environmental stewardship and protection, waste policy, biosecurity, drought policy and natural resource management issues
- supporting efficient resource allocation through advice on appropriate industry, small business, trade and regional assistance
- regional policies in the context of ensuring adequate regional access to services and opportunities
- innovation policies to drive higher productivity and a more diverse economy
- the arts, sport and tourism sectors, including the National Cultural Policy.