Treasury is an agency subject to the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act) and is required to comply with the Information Publication Scheme (IPS) provisions. This agency plan describes how Treasury proposes to do this, as required by section 8(1) of the FOI Act.
The agency plan describes how Treasury proposes to implement and administer the IPS in respect of its own information holdings by addressing:
- establishing and administering Treasury’s IPS contribution;
- information architecture;
- information required to be published;
- other information to be published (optional information);
- accessibility of information published;
- compliance review; and
- better practice initiatives including promoting community engagement.
Treasury recognises that public sector information is a national resource managed for public purposes. Treasury will implement and administer the IPS in accordance with the objects of the FOI Act to promote Australia’s representative democracy by contributing towards increased public participation in Government processes.